For those of you who have a hard time parting ways with your belongings, here’s a checklist for packing a lighter suitcase. Pack now, thank us later.
Gather the essentials first…
- Passport, ID, credit cards, cash, etc.
- Cellphone + charger
- Contact lenses and/or glasses (pack extra contacts)
- Toiletries: travel-size shampoo, conditioner, soap deodorant, face wash, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, sunscreen, razor, makeup, etc.
- Comb and/or brush
Here comes the wardrobe…
- Neutral colors/clothes you can mix and match
- Double duty pieces, like a scarf that can act as a picnic blanket, tablecloth, head scarf, privacy curtain, etc.
- 1 Jacket/sweatshirt (which you can wear on the plane)
- Socks (stuff inside your shoes) and underwear
- 2 pairs of shoes (wear your bulkiest pair on your flight and pack the other, or wear 1 versatile pair for entire trip)
Things you do NOT need…
- Camera (say hello to your phone)
- Batteries (if you need them, you can purchase batteries anywhere)
- Alarm clock (hello again, phone)
- iPod/iPhone dock and/or bluetooth speaker (put your phone’s volume on high and place it in a bowl)
- Books (read from your phone for this trip — you probably won’t get much reading accomplished)
- Hair dryer (most hotels already have one)
- Purses (carry one with you on the flight and that’s it)
- Gym clothes for that “possible workout”
- Laptop (use your phone or a tablet)
When you can’t compromise on packing a lighter suitcase…
If you end up packing more because you simply need the extra items or because you’re going on a long trip/vacation, that’s ok! Be sure to check your bags through Bags VIP Luggage Delivery. Our luggage delivery service allows you to skip baggage claim entirely because we’ll deliver your bags to your destination.