For most people, the most stressful part of any trip or vacation is the airport, and the last thing you need is to rush through security and wait in a ton of lines. Luckily, there are some easy things you can do to speed up the process. Take some of the guesswork out of travel by checking this simple list as you head out to the airport—it’ll get you through security and on the plane in no time!
- Print your boarding pass the night before. And, if you have a smartphone, use an app like TripIt to get your confirmation number, flight number, and other info in one easy-to-access place.
- Wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off at the security line.
- Put any jewelry, watches, and even belts in your bag. Don’t wear them on travel day if at all possible.
- Put your phone, iPod, and other gadgets in your bag rather than your pockets. After you go through security, you can throw them in your pockets when you have a moment to sit down.
- Put your coat or other zip-up accessories in your bag. If you’re cold, opt for a non-zip sweater or sweatshirt, which they won’t make you take off at security.
- If you don’t have a TSA-approved carry-on, pick up a laptop sleeve with a detachable strap. That way, you can carry it with you through the airport, throw it on the conveyor belt, and put it in your backpack when you have a moment to yourself.
- When you arrive at the airport, check to see if there are any other security lines. Often (especially on busier days), they’ll open up a few security lines at the ends of the lobby, where you might be less likely to see them—and the lines are often much shorter.
- Lastly, check your luggage with a luggage delivery service like Bags VIP. With your ticket printed and bags on their way to your final destination, you’ll be able to move through the airport with ease—or run to your gate if you’re in a hurry.
Of course, there are a lot of other things you can do far ahead of time. Fly on less traveled days like Sunday, for example, or skipping baggage claim with Bags VIP. Bags VIP luggage delivery is an affordable add-on service alternative to luggage shipping that delivers customers’ luggage to any hotel, office or home address within 100 miles of the airport. No matter what your plans are, these tips should help you get through the airport as efficiently as possible.