Vacations should be about relaxing, especially cruises. However, embarkation day can be pretty hectic. Last minute packing, travel to the airport, security, flight, baggage claim, ground transportation to the port, dealing with porters, security, cruise check-in, boarding, muster drill…and that’s all before your ship has left port.
Skip luggage shipping and use Bags VIP – we’ll deliver your bags right to your cruise cabin!
Make cruising easier and sign up for Bags VIP luggage delivery (skip luggage shipping). We’ll pick up your bags at the airport (you won’t even have to see them after you check them at your departing airport) and deliver them to your ship, where they will be delivered to your cabin. That frees up your embarkation day so you can enjoy lunch on the lido deck, sip a cocktail, explore the ship, or take a dip in the pool.
Toward the end of your trip, most cruise lines offer onboard airline check-in, but despite being an amazing time saver, this service is not widely publicized. When you sign up for onboard airline check-in, you will save yourself from the headaches that can occur on debarkation day, when 2000-6000 other passengers get off the ship at the same time. The terminal luggage carousels can be confusing and crowded, a chaotic end to an otherwise relaxing vacation. You can skip the luggage carousels if you use onboard airline check-in. In addition to being checked into your flight, you won’t have to retrieve your bags in the cruise terminal…they are automatically transported to the airport and loaded onto your flight!
Each cruise line brands onboard airline check-in differently (and offers it out of different home ports and with different airlines) but it is essentially the same service:
- Carnival Cruise Lines – Luggage Express
- Royal Caribbean International – Luggage Valet
- Celebrity Cruises – Luggage Valet
- Princess Cruises – EZCheck
- Disney Cruise Lines – Onboard Airline Check-In
- Holland America Line – Luggage Direct
- Norwegian Cruise Lines – BAGS
The top five reasons to use Bags VIP luggage delivery service before your cruise and onboard airline check-in after your cruise:
1. You can skip baggage claim.
2. After you check in for your flight at your departing airport, you won’t have to see or touch your luggage until it arrives in your stateroom.
3. You can check in for your flight before you even leave the ship.
4. You will get off the ship faster since you won’t have to retrieve your bags in the cruise terminal.
5. You will save on airport transportation since you won’t have to transport your luggage.
Want to make your trip home even easier? Sign up for Bags VIP luggage delivery for your return flight and we will delivery your bags to your home, office or any other address within 100 miles of the airport! Follow these cruise tips on your next vacation and your trip will be smooth sailing.